Bits & Bytes: as with previous wireless leaps, routers and hotspots are just a probe ahead of a ...
UPDATE: Jubak Picks Trivia Contest: Round 2
10/04/2011 8:00 pm EST
1) The Banco Bardi and the Banco Peruzzi went bankrupt in 1345 after Edward III of England defaulted on 400,000 florins in loans. In 1478 Edward IV defaulted on his loans to the London branch of the Banco de Medici.
2) The banking crisis of 1839-1843 is the longest in U.S. history. States in the south and west stopped paying gold in exchange for their bank notes.
UPDATE: All clues are now posted on Facebook...http://www.facebook.com/notes/jim-jubak/jubak-trivia-contest-round-2-clues/10150843937635147
OK folks, we're back with round 2.
The rules are simple: The first person to answer the following three questions correctly will win a free one-year subscription to JubakAM.com. Post ALL THREE answers in a single comment at the bottom of this blog entry. Only comments with ALL THREE answers will be accepted. To eliminate multiple guesses only the first set of answers submitted by a user will be accepted. Any subsequent posts with answers will be deleted.
Clues to each question will be revealed daily on http://www.facebook.com/jubakpicks until we have a winner.
1. The sub-prime mortgage crisis that produced the 2008 bankruptcy of Lehman Bros and almost took down the global financial system was by no means the first global financial crisis. Of course, to have a global financial crisis you have to have a global financial system. Name the two banks that went bankrupt in what is generally named as the first global financial crisis.
2. The recent banking crisis wasn’t the longest in U.S. history by a long shot. Give the starting and ending years of the longest U.S. banking crisis in history.
3. What commission did Jim pay on his first stock purchase?
Official Promotion Rules (the “Rules”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. This Giveaway is sponsored by JubakPicks.com having an address of 9 West 57th Street, New York, New York 10019 (the “Sponsor”).
This Promotion and the related game (the “Game”) is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of Promotion entry. VOID IN ANY LOCATION WHERE PROHIBITED, RESTRICTED OR TAXED.
Employees of the Sponsor, any of its affiliates, their advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation of handling the Promotion or the Game and/or their immediate families (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible to participate in the Promotion or the Game.
By entering the Website, the Promotion and/or the Game, you are confirming that you have legal capacity to enter the above mentioned and agree to these Rules (i.e. that you are of sufficient age and mental capacity and are entitled to be legally bound in contract).
The Promotion opens on 09/12/11 at 8:00AM ET and closes when one contestant has successfully answered all three contest questions.
The prize is a one-year subscription to JubakAM.com and will be awarded to the first contestant to successfully answer three trivia questions posed on JubakPicks.com at the beginning of the contest period.
By participating in the Promotion, you agree to be bound by these Rules (which may be amended or varied at any time by us with or without notice) and by our decisions, which are final in all matters relating to these Rules, the Promotion, the drawing and/or the results and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
Related Articles on STOCKS
Gene Inger’s Trading Notebook: Why retailers like Nordstrom, Walmart and Home Depot are flat a...
When we recommended pharmaceutical giant AbbVie (ABBV) this past June, it had recently raised its qu...
Eli Lilly (LLY) manufactures drugs to treat pain, diabetes, and cancer. It also produces animal heal...