Top Picks 2017: Emblem Corp.
01/23/2017 6:00 am EST
Our Top Pick for speculators is a fully integrated medical marijuana, health care, and cannabinoid-based pharmaceutical company, notes Jimmy Mengel, editor of The Crow's Nest.
Emblem Corp. (Vancouver: EMC) is licensed by the Government of Canada, which allows it to produce medical cannabis.
It was founded by John H. Stewart, the former President and CEO of Purdue Pharma and Gordon Fox, the co-founder of White Cedar Pharmacy, a pharmacy serving over 2,600 patients in Ontario.
Here’s what they are working with right now:
1) State-of-the-art 23,500 Sq Ft Facility
2) Licenses - Cultivation: August, 2015 | Sales: July, 2016
3) Harvesting began March 2016
4) Planned expansion to 11,600KG by Q3, 2017
5) Potential capacity on all lands of up to 21,000KG
If legalization hits Canada next year -- and all signs are pointing that way -- Emblem will be well positioned to succeed in the burgeoning cannabis industry.