To find "fallen angels" I look to blue chip stocks that have already suffered crashes due to managem...
6 New Stocks Hitting the Market
10/09/2012 11:30 am EST
Initial public offerings are rolling out quickly in October, and here's a rundown of the newest ones, writes Chris Preston of The Daily Profit.
The IPO market heated up in September. October is off to an even faster start.
Six companies held IPOs last week. While none of them were household names, the sheer quantity speaks to the health of the broad market right now.
Introductions are in order for the newest publicly traded companies. Here are a few tidbits about last week’s IPOs, courtesy of IPO research firm Renaissance Capital:
- Fleetmatics Group (FLTX): The leading provider of on-demand fleet management solutions raised $133 million in its IPO and opened at $17 a share—the high end of its expected range. The stock jumped 31.6% in its first day of trading, rising to more than $22 a share already.
- Regulus Therapeutics (RGLS): This biotech company raised $45 million in its initial public offering at $4 a share. The stock is up to $4.20 a share after its first day of trading.
- Berry Plastics Group (BERY): This plastic goods company priced at the low end of its range at $16 a share, and so far that seems like a wise choice: the stock is down to $15 a share after two days.
- Javelin Mortgage (JMI): A REIT, Javelin offered a million more shares than it was anticipating. So far the stock hasn’t done much, debuting at $20 a share and closing the week at $19.75.
- LifeLock (LOCK): Shares of this provider of identity theft protection services priced below their expected range at $9. Things haven’t gotten much better since the IPO: shares are already down 9%.
- Luxfer Holdings (LXFR): A global distributor of aluminum, magnesium, and zirconium, Luxfer raised $80 million in its IPO. So far, so good: the shares are up 13% from their $10 IPO price.
Related Articles on STOCKS
One of the main drivers of wealth creation is investors’ innate desire to save, invest and get...
Stefanie Kammerman, the Stock Whisperer, to tell you the Whisper of the Week: GE, SPY, QQQ, IWM, and...
Join Ken Calhoun each week for a new episode of Breakout Chart of the Week for stock swing traders a...