View from Toronto: Trade Ideas for US, Canadian Markets
Here are a dozen or so trade ideas for the U.S. and Canadian markets and a strategic market outlook summary for the week of August 7-11, in a weekly video report by Ziad Jasani.
• Implications U.S.: S&P 500 projects downwards to 2,440-35 with better odds of breaking below to end the week and starting a move towards 2,400.
• Growth-based spaces under-perform (Technology, Discretionaries, Industrials), Financials have some “staying” power on Yields popping from August 4 Jobs data. However, Materials/Mining and Energy are likely to face pressure from a rising USD and weaken to the end of the week.
• Defensives (including Bonds, Gold) unfavorable the front end of week on rising USD and yields but may out-perform on August 11 CPI (Inflation) data.
• Trade-able short-term front half of week ↑ (US):
• Implications Canada: TSX is tied to Oil which has “overheated.” All short-term technical support a pull-back in Oil and the Commodity-Complex in general.
Join Ziad at a Live Event