The chart of the day belongs to the bowling center operator Bowlero Corp. (BOWL), states Jim Van Meerten of BarChart.com.
I found the stock by using Barchart's powerful screening functions to find stocks with the highest technical buy signals, highest Weighted Alpha, superior current momentum, and having a Trend Seeker buy signal then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Seeker signaled a buy on 2/15 the stock gained 15.95%.
BOWL Price vs Dail Moving Averages
Bowlero Corp. operates bowling entertainment centers under the AMF, Bowlmor Lanes, and Bowlero brand names. The company also provides hosting and overseeing professional and non-professional bowling tournaments and related broadcasting. As of July third, 2022, it operated approximately 317 centers in the United States, Mexico, and Canada. The company was founded in 1997 and is headquartered in Mechanicsville, Virginia.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 20 minutes and can change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart Technical Indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 67.92+Weighted Alpha
- 70.70% gain in the last year
- Trend Seeker buy signal
- Above its 20, 50, and 100-day moving averages
- 11 new highs and up 23.07% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 75.46%
- Recently traded at $17.12 with 50-day moving average of $14.35.
- Market Cap $2.72 billion
- P/E 27.07
- Revenue is expected to grow 16.30% this year and another 6.20% next year
- Earnings are estimated to increase 142.30% this year and an additional 500.00% next year
Analysts and Investor Sentiment
I don't buy stocks because everyone else is buying but I do realize that if major firms and investors are dumping a stock it's hard to make money swimming against the tide:
- Wall Street analysts issued one strong buy and five buy opinions on the stock
- Their price targets are $17 to $24 with a consensus of $18
- Value Line gives it an above-average rating of 2
- CFRAs Market Scope gives a hold recommendation
- 840 investors monitor the stock on Seeking Alpha
Disclosure: I/we have no stock, option, or similar derivative position in any of the companies mentioned, but may initiate a beneficial Long position through a purchase of the stock, or the purchase of call options or similar derivatives in the next 72 hours.
Additional disclosure: The Barchart Chart of the Day highlights stocks that are experiencing exceptional current price appreciation. They are not intended to buy recommendations as these stocks are highly volatile and speculative. Should you decide to add one of these stocks to your investment portfolio it is highly suggested you follow a predetermined diversification and moving stop loss discipline that is consistent with your personal investment risk tolerance and reevaluate your stop losses at least on a weekly basis.
Learn more about Jim Van Meerten at BarChart.com.