Income Investing: How to Get High Yield in a Low-Rate Environment
Despite some increase in long-term interest rates in 2021, they remain near all-time lows. As a result, traditional safe, income-producing investments such as investment-grade bonds or bank CDs no longer pay enough to meet most investors’ needs. Even conservative investors are forced to take on risk just to achieve what were historically modest returns. Marvin Appel, president, Signalert Asset Management LLC, will teach you a strategy to achieve higher yields, manage risks and reduce taxes.
- Expert Tutorials from Top Pros
- Self-Paced, Flexible Learning
- Preview Before Purchasing
- Record-low yields
- The threat of inflation
- Bonds and stocks no longer hedge each other
- Definition of terms
- Why investing in them?
- Risks and rewards
- Different bond categories
- Things to consider: duration, inflation, default risk, global
- Specific picks
- Corporate high-yield bond fund trading
- Corporate floating-rate bond fund trading
- Which ETFs should you use?
- Historical returns and risks
- When covered-call writing is expected to outperform the stock market
- Municipal high-yield bond-fund trading
- Use cash-settled index options for covered-call writing or for long exposure