Ray Dalio founded Bridgewater Associates in 1975 and grew it into one of the world’s largest hedge funds by 2005, says Steve Burns of New Trader U.
Bridgewater’s Pure Alpha strategy has generated approximately 12% annualized returns since its founding in December 1991.
As of 2022, his hedge fund has 105 clients with over $235 billion in total assets under management.
Ray Dalio Portfolio Allocation 2022
Here are Ray Dalio’s portfolio sector allocations going into the second half of 2022 based on individual stock holdings as of June 30, 2022, based on the 13f update:
Consumer Staples (XLP) 25.07%
Financials (XLF) 20.85%
Healthcare (XLV) 16.65%
Consumer Discretionary (XLY) 14.5%
Information Technology (XLK) 4.78%
Communication Services (XLC) 3.81%
Materials (XLB) 3.43%
Energy (XLE) 3.24%
Industrials (XLI) 2.96%
Utilities (XLU) 2.31%
Real Estate (XLRE) 1.71%
Transports (XTN) 0.64%
Ray Dalio Portfolio Holdings
Below is the current Ray Dalio individual stock portfolio in 2022 as of the second quarter. This is a breakdown of his Bridgewater Associates Holdings portfolio's top 25 positions of capital allocations from his fund’s 13F filings. (Positions under the top 25 of capital in his portfolio are not listed here.)
The top ten holdings are a concentration of 29.41% of assets under management.
Company Name/ Ticker Symbol/Sector/Portfolio Percentage
- Procter & Gamble Company (PG) CONSUMER STAPLES 4.11%
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) HEALTH CARE 3.26%
- iShares Core MSCI Emerging Markets ETF (IEMG) FINANCE 3.18%
- S&P 500 ETF TRUST ETF (SPY) FINANCE 2.95%
- Coca-Cola Company (KO) CONSUMER STAPLES 2.88%
- iShares Core S&P 500 ETF (IVV) FINANCE 2.73%
- Vanguard FTSE Emerging Markets ETF (VWO) FINANCE 2.72%
- PepsiCo, Inc. (PEP) CONSUMER STAPLES 2.69%
- Costco Wholesale Corporation (COST) CONSUMER STAPLES 2.46%
- Walmart, Inc. (WMT) CONSUMER STAPLES 2.42%
- McDonald's Corporation (MCD) CONSUMER DISCRETIONARY 2.17%
- Abbott Laboratories (ABT) HEALTH CARE 1.29%
- Pinduoduo Inc. (PDD) CONSUMER DISCRETIONARY 1.26%
- CVS Health Corporation (CVS) CONSUMER STAPLES 1.24%
- Starbucks Corporation (SBUX) CONSUMER DISCRETIONARY 1.05%
- Medtronic plc. (MDT) HEALTH CARE 0.95%
- Target Corporation (TGT) CONSUMER DISCRETIONARY 0.93%
- SPDR Gold Shares ETF (GLD) MATERIALS 0.93%
- Colgate-Palmolive Company (CL) CONSUMER STAPLES 0.78%
- Baidu Inc. (BIDU) COMMUNICATIONS 0.72%
- Exxon Mobil Corporation (XOM) ENERGY 0.69%
- Pfizer Inc. (PFE) HEALTH CARE 0.67%
- Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. (BRK.B) FINANCE 0.66%
- Estee Lauder Companies, Inc. (EL) CONSUMER STAPLES 0.66%
- Dollar General Corporation (DG) CONSUMER DISCRETIONARY 0.66%
Current Ray Dalio Net Worth 2022
Ray Dalio is ranked the 71st richest person in the world according to Forbes with a net worth of approximately $22 billion.
Learn more about Steve Burns at NewTraderU.com.