The Chart of the Day belongs to the single-family homebuilder Tri Pointe Homes (TPH), states Jim Van Meerten of BarChart.com, states Jim Van Meerten of BarChart.com.
I found the stock by using Barchart's powerful screening functions to find stocks with the highest technical buy signals, highest Weighted Alpha, superior current momentum, and having a Trend Seeker buy signal then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Seeker signaled a buy on 3/16 the stock gained 4.77%.
TPH Price vs Daily Moving Averages
Tri Pointe Homes, Inc. engages in the design, construction, and sale of single-family attached and detached homes in the United States. The company operates through a portfolio of six regional home-building brands comprising Maracay in Arizona; Pardee Homes in California and Nevada; Quadrant Homes in Washington; Trendmaker Homes in Texas; TRI Pointe Homes in California, Colorado, and the Carolinas; and Winchester Homes in Maryland and Northern Virginia.
Barchart Technical Indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 46.11+Weighted Alpha
- 28.00% gain in the last year
- Trend Seeker buy signal
- Above its 20, 50, and 100-day moving averages
- 10 new highs and up 4.42% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 61.89%
- Recently traded at $25.28 with a 50-day moving average of $23.57
- Market Cap $2.55 billion
- Revenue is expected to grow 22.60% next year
- Earnings are estimated to increase by 17.40% next year
Analysts and Investor Sentiment: I don't buy stocks because everyone else is buying but I do realize that if major firms and investors are dumping a stock it's hard to make money swimming against the tide:
- Wall Street analysts issued three strong buy, five buy, and five hold opinions on the stock
- Their price targets are $22 to $33 with a consensus of $27.33 about another 8% gain
- Value Line gives it their highest rating of one with an 18-month price target of $32 for a 20% gain
- CFRAs MarketScope has a strong buy rating
- 3,970 investors monitor the stock on Seeking Alpha
Disclosure: I/we have no stock, option, or similar derivative position in any of the companies mentioned, but may initiate a beneficial Long position through a purchase of the stock, or the purchase of call options or similar derivatives in the next 72 hours.
Additional disclosure: The Barchart Chart of the Day highlights stocks that are experiencing exceptional current price appreciation. They are not intended to buy recommendations as these stocks are extremely volatile and speculative. Should you decide to add one of these stocks to your investment portfolio it is highly suggested you follow a predetermined diversification and moving stop loss discipline that is consistent with your personal investment risk tolerance and reevaluate your stop losses at least on a weekly basis.
Learn more about Jim Van Meerten at BarChart.com.