Inspired by Clayton Christensen'sThe Innovator's Dilemma, this session is a crash-course on how markets aggressively change over time. GE, IBM, Cisco, and Exxon are no longer the largest companies in the S&P. Disruptive innovation explains and even predicts how small companies can topple much larger incumbent competitors.
7investing founder and CEO, Simon Erickson, will lay the foundation of disruption and provide several publicly-traded companies serving as textbook examples. He will also share his thoughts on the sectors of the market that are actively being disrupted and how these could provide significant rewards for early and perceptive investors.
Here's some of what will be covered:
- Overview and Examples of Disruptive Innovation
- 5 Principles of How to Spot Disruption
- Publicly-Traded Companies Exhibiting These Principles
- Markets Undergoing Disruption Right Now
- Key Takeaways for Investors