Change a Life with DRIPs
12/13/2013 9:00 am EST
Anyone reading this article has the potential to effect real change in people's lives. How, you ask? By introducing them to the power of investing via DRIPs, advises Chuck Carlson, editor of DRIP Investor.
I know this may sound a bit, well, over-the-top. Well, I'm not embarrassed to say that DRIPs changed my life.
Prior to investing in DRIPs, I had no real investment program. Then I discovered DRIPs. The DRIP style of investing fit my limited pocketbook—I could buy quality stocks with amounts as little as $50 or $100. And DRIP investing helped put some of my investing program on autopilot via dividend reinvestment.
Once I started, I wanted more. I started finding more money to put into my DRIPs. I started adding new DRIPs. I stated working on other investments, such as contributing to IRAs and maxing out my 401(k) plan.
I started thinking about my future and how I wanted my retirement to look. And before I knew it, my life had truly changed for the better.
We are entering the holiday season, which means you will be searching for gifts for the young people in your lives.
Why don't you change a person's life by giving the gift of DRIPs. I guarantee you, it is the best stocking stuffer you can give someone. And it won't require a lot of money.
The companies below allow any individual to buy the first share, and every share of stock, directly from the company. All of the stocks have minimum initial investments of $100 or less, and rank among my favorites.
Interestingly, you can take initial positions in all 11 of the highlighted stocks with just $765. Now that's the type of starter portfolio that could end up changing the life of a loved one.
If you are new to DRIP investing, treat yourself to a few DRIPs this holiday season. Trust me—It'll change your life.
- American Water Works (AWK)—yielding 2.7% with a DRIP minimum of $100
- Cincinnati Financial (CINF)—yielding 3.2% with a DRIP minimum of $25
- CVS Caremark (CVS)—yielding 1.4% with a DRIP minimum of $100
- Dominion Resources (D)—yielding 3.4% with a DRIP minimum of $40
- Domino's Pizza (DPZ)—yielding 1.2% with a DRIP minimum of $65
- Eaton (ETN)—yielding 2.3% with a DRIP minimum of $100
- Flowserve (FLS)—yielding 0.8% with a DRIP minimum of $100
- Kellogg (K)—yielding 3.0% with a DRIP minimum of $50
- New Jersey Resources (NJR)—yielding 3.7% with a DRIP minimum of $100
- Quest Diagnostics (DGX)—yielding 2.0% with a DRIP minimum of $100
- Tim Hortons (THI)—yielding 1.7% with a DRIP minimum of $25
More from MoneyShow.com: