Cannabis stock expert Michael Berger, president of Technical420.com, highlights one of the highest-q...
Medical Marijuana Making Global Waves
07/14/2016 9:00 am EST
Focus: CANNABIS INVESTMENTS
The history of medical dates back thousands of years but researchers are just starting to learn about the plant’s medical benefits; Michael Berger, Associate Editor of MoneyShow.com, highlights a company that was the first publicly-traded cannabis company, which sells cannabis-based products in 40+ countries and should benefit as new markets open up.
Although recent studies have proven that cannabis has medical benefits, the DEA and FDA still have it classified as a Schedule I substance. The Schedule I category is reserved for substances that have the highest potential for abuse, that have no accepted medical use, and that cannot be used safely even under medical supervision.
Schedule I substances are considered to be so dangerous that the government makes it pretty much impossible for private companies to conduct medical research.
History Infused in Our Freedom
The history of cannabis dates back thousands of years. Archeologists found cannabis seeds inside Siberian burial mounds from 3000 B.C. Thousands of years ago, the Chinese used cannabis as a medicine. Cannabis even found its way to Colonial America as George Washington grew hemp at his house on Mount Vernon.
Researchers are just beginning to learn about the medical benefits associated with cannabis and they have not even scratched the surface.
The cannabis industry is the fastest growing industry in the world and after spending several years researching cannabis and developing products, companies are just starting to see realize the fruits of their efforts.
Capitalizing on a Cannabis Revolution
Currently, 25 states and the District of Columbia have legalized medical marijuana and four states have legalized recreational marijuana.
This revolution is not just taking place in the United States. We are seeing cannabis reform taking place all around the world. During the last two years, Brazil, Mexico, Paraguay, Puerto Rico, Canada, Uruguay, Jamaica, Portugal, and the Netherlands have taken steps to legalize or decriminalize cannabis.
Last week, we spoke with Dr. Stuart Titus, CEO of Medical Marijuana (MJNA) and left the conversation with a greater understanding of current global trends and how MJNA and Dr. Titus are not only capitalizing on this rapidly growing global industry, but also improving daily life for sick patients around the world.
Strong Pipeline of Diverse Investments and Subsidiaries
MJNA was the first publicly traded cannabis company in the United States markets and is comprised of a diversified portfolio of cannabis companies and brands that continue to flourish as the market continues to grow.
MJNA was incorporated in March 2009. Its subsidiaries and holdings include:
Four subsidiary companies in nutraceutical sales:
- HempMeds, which offers mainstream marketing, sales, customer service, and logistics for the cannabis industry (owns 100%). HempMeds has many subsidiaries and international sister companies including: HempMeds Brazil, HempMeds Mexico, HempMeds Puerto Rico.
- Kannaway, LLC is a direct sales and marketing company specializing in hemp-based botanical products (owns 100%).
- Red Dice Holdings is the intellectual property holder of the Dixie Brand of products (owns 100%). Products are sold through the Dixie Botanicals Brand.
- CanChew Biotechnologies, which is the first patented cannabidiol (CBD) hemp gum that delivers CBD while you chew (owns 50%).
Three other portfolio companies with interests in the developing cannabis markets:
- Wellness Managed Services provides support services to cooperatives, collectives, dispensaries and related health and wellness facilities (owns 80%).
- MPS International, a consulting firm that provides premier security consultative services to business and individuals in the legal cannabis industry. The company is 50% owned by MJNA’s portfolio company, Wellness Managed Services.
- Canipa Holdings assists with Medical Marijuana, Inc.’s international expansion and sourcing (owns 100%).
Two pharmaceutical development portfolio companies:
- KannaLife Sciences Inc., which is a bio-pharmaceutical firm with two licenses, one of them exclusive, to the National Institute of Health’s “507 patent” on the therapeutic use of cannabinoids (owns 16.7%).
- AXIM Biotechnologies (AXIM) is an innovative biotechnology company focusing on research, development and production of pharmaceutical, nutraceutical and cosmetic products, and alternative energy (owns 45.5%).
A Global Footprint
Medical Marijuana, Inc. has a wide variety of subsidiaries and investments as well as a number of strong brands that have a global footprint.
The diversity of Medical Marijuana, Inc.’s subsidiaries and investments has enabled the company to see significant year-over-year revenue growth. These assets also strengthen Medical Marijuana, Inc.’s balance sheet and allow the company to find strategic ways to create value.
In July 2016, the company announced that Real Scientific Hemp Oil was issued a new import permit from Paraguay. This comes after it was granted that country's first-ever import permit in May 2016.
A Significant Step in Expansion Plans
This news is significant as it marks the third country in Latin America, following Brazil and Mexico to approve Medical Marijuana, Inc.'s cannabidiol (CBD) hemp oil for indications including Refractory Epilepsy, Parkinson's disease and chronic pain, including migraine headache.
Real Scientific Hemp Oil is also making historic waves in Puerto Rico in the near future where it has already been granted 12 medical product registrations.
Currently, Medical Marijuana, Inc.’s Real Scientific Hemp Oil products are shipped to more than 40 countries and we expect to see this number continue to grow during the back half of 2016.
Strong Management Team that Continues to Execute
One of the most important factors to look into before investing in any company is the management team. Medical Marijuana, Inc. is led by a management team that continues to execute on its initiatives and the company is structured in a way that can create strategic value for shareholders.
Medical Marijuana, Inc. is poised to benefit from continued legalization trends around the world as the company’s infrastructure is positioned to capitalize on these trends.
The Company’s CEO, Dr. Stuart Titus, holds a Ph.D. in Physiotherapeutics and was a former clinician. Dr. Titus is a Fellow with both the American Academy of Pain Management and American Association of Integrative Medicine.
Blake Schroeder manages company operations and has a strong background from his experience at Mona Vie, a nutritional company who first pioneered Acai and its health benefits throughout the globe.
Medical Marijuana, Inc.’s board is comprised of a number of well-known businessmen in the San Diego area.
A Promising Growth Outlook
Medical Marijuana continues to diversify its interests in the nutraceutical arena, while simultaneously developing future pharmaceutical compounds. We are favorable on this diversification as it provides the company with a number of revenue streams that help fund its initiatives.
By Michael Berger, President of Technical420.com
Related Articles on CANNABIS INVESTMENTS
Michael Berger, Associate Editor of MoneyShow.com, a leading expert on the cannabis sector, highligh...
Canadian cannabis stocks continue to quietly outperform the entire stock market and this trend is ex...
While many economists and analysts are predicting a recession in the next two years, Michael Berger,...