The chart of the day belongs to the oncology-based biomedical company Autolus Therapeutics (AUTL), states Jim Van Meerten of BarChart.com.
I found the stock by using Barchart's powerful screening functions to find stocks with the highest technical buy signals, highest Weighted Alpha, superior current momentum, and a Trend Seeker buy signal. I then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Seeker signaled a buy on 10/ 31 the stock gained 158.51%.
AUTL Price vs Daily Moving Averages
Autolus Therapeutics plc, a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company, develops T-cell therapies for the treatment of cancer. The company's clinical-stage programs include obecabtagene autoleucel (AUTO1), a CD19-targeting programmed T cell investigational therapy that is in Phase 1b/2 clinical trial for the treatment of adult ALL; AUTO1/22, which is in Phase one clinical trial in pediatric patients with relapsed or refractory ALL; AUTO4, a programmed T cell investigational therapy for the treatment of peripheral T-cell lymphoma targeting TRBC1 and TRBC2; AUTO6NG, a programmed T cell investigational therapy, which is in preclinical trial targeting GD2 in development for the treatment of neuroblastoma; and AUTO8, a product candidate that is in a Phase one clinical trial for multiple myeloma. It also focuses on developing AUTO5, a preclinical TRBC2-programmed T-cell product candidate for the treatment of peripheral T-cell lymphoma. The company was incorporated in 2014 and is headquartered in London, the United Kingdom.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 20 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart Technical Indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 149.54+ Weighted Alpha
- 300.55% gain in the last year
- Trend Seeker buy signal
- Above its 20, 50, and 100-day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 62.36% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 75.53%
- Technical support level at $6.80
- Recently traded at $7.29 with a 50-day moving average of $4.85
- Market Cap $1.18 billion
- Wall Street projects Revenue will be down 67.10% this year but up again next year by 1,012.00%
- Earnings are estimated to increase 36.90% this year and an additional 12.10% next year
Analysts and Investor Sentiment: I don't buy stocks because everyone else is buying but I do realize that if major firms and investors are dumping a stock it's hard to make money swimming against the tide:
- Wall Street analysts issued six strong buy, one buy, and two hold recommendations on the stock
- Analysts price targets are $4.80 to $12.00 with a consensus of $9.22—about a 26.47% increase from today's price
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted four to one for the stock to beat the market
- Value Line gives the stock its above-average rating of two
- 3,000 investors monitor the stock on Seeking Alpha
Additional Disclosure: The Barchart Chart of the Day highlights stocks that are experiencing exceptional current price appreciation. They are not intended to be buy recommendations as these stocks are extremely volatile and speculative. Should you decide to add one of these stocks to your investment portfolio it is highly suggested you follow a predetermined diversification and moving stop loss discipline that is consistent with your personal investment risk tolerance and reevaluate your stop losses at least every week.
On the date of publication, Jim Van Meerten did not have (either directly or indirectly) positions in any of the securities mentioned in this article. All information and data in this article is solely for informational purposes. For more information please view the Barchart Disclosure Policy here.