Marty Fridson, editor of Forbes/Fridson Income Securities Investor, will be conducting a live webina...
S&Ps & Gold to See Early Week Highs, Don't Leave Early Friday!
05/29/2020 10:00 am EST
Stars expect early week highs in the S&P and gold; Friday June 5 could have major activity on close, reports Susan Gidel.
The biggest astrological event of the week is the Full Moon/Lunar Eclipse on Friday afternoon that occurs with less than an hour to go in the stock market trading week. Besides shedding light on Sagittarius-inspired truths, it creates tension with Mars and Neptune in Pisces, which are trying to take action on belief systems. Thus, the last hour of trading could be especially eventful.
On Wednesday, money planet Venus becomes more predictable because it leaves its “out-of-bounds” area in the sky where it has been since April 3. That same day, the Sun and Venus are aligned in the sky in the sign of Gemini. With Venus retrograde, it is a good time to reevaluate trading plans and focus on what is valuable to you in your decision-making process.
High in S&P 500 on Monday, June 1: The position of the Sun and Saturn in the S&P 500 launch horoscope are significantly activated from transits often seen at market peaks. First, transiting Mars is exactly aligned with the market’s natal Sun. Second, transiting Sun and Venus are both opposite first-trade Saturn, with Venus opposite to the degree. Also active that day is an opposition from the transiting Moon to the natal Moon, as well as an easy trine from transiting Mercury to natal Mercury and Venus. Potential resistance areas, based on planetary price conversions, include 3058, 3124-3134, and end-of-cycle 3223.
High in Gold on Tuesday, June 2: Gold prices could peak as transiting Mars is exactly aligned with the market’s most optimistic planet, Jupiter. In supporting roles are that the Sun and Venus are opposite the market’s first-trade Mars, with Venus opposite to the degree. Finally, transiting Mercury is opposite the market’s natal Sun and trine to natal Uranus; the Moon is conjunct natal Uranus. In August gold, $1,783 per oz. is the end-of-cycle planetary conversion level. The next stop higher is $1,868.
Low in Euro FX on Thursday, June 4: Three transiting planets—Mercury, Uranus and the Moon—form a tight, tension-filled triangle with the market’s first-trade Pluto position that could be a powerful trigger. Meanwhile, the Sun and Venus make an easy trine to the market natal Uranus, which emphasizes the potential for surprise. The June contract could find support at the planetary conversion level of 1.0980.
Last Week’s Scorecard (through Thursday’s close)
- Low in Soybeans on Friday, May 22: July soybeans hit a low of $8.28 ½ per bu. and closed out the week at $8.33 ¼. On Tuesday, after the long holiday weekend, July beans rallied to $8.49.
- High in 10-year Treasury note on Friday, May 22: The June 10-year Treasury note contract hit a high of 139-13.5 on Friday, falling to 138-22 when markets reopened on May 27 after the holiday weekend.
Pretty Darn Good
- High in Crude Oil on Friday, May 22: July crude oil peaked at $34.00 per barrel in a wide-range day with a low at $30.72 and close of $33.25, above the planetary conversion level of $32.80. The highs on either side were slightly higher, at $34.66 on May 21 and $34.81 on May 26.
Off the Mark
- High in Euro FX on Friday, May 22: The June contract peaked the day before, May 21, at 1.10140 and fell to a low of 1.08740 when markets reopened after the long holiday weekend on May 26.
- Low in Crude Oil on Wednesday, May 27: July crude oil scored a high the previous day, May 26 at $34.81 per barrel, falling to a low of $31.14 by Thursday, May 28.
The position of planets in the sky as they relate to their positions when a market first began trading can provide clues to potential trend changes. The energy is strongest on the days noted in this post, but it is not unusual for the effect to be seen a day or two either side. See backgrounder “Market Analysis with Astrology” for further information.
Susan Gidel is editor of the Red Letter Trading Days newsletter.© Copyright 2020 SusanGSays LLC
Related Articles on STRATEGIES
Wealth power effect portends highs in three financial markets next week, reports Susan Gidel....
Here’s a quick recap of my favorite recession-proof stocks that should not only hold steady du...
I have been searching for a good gold stock. I think I have finally hit pay dirt with Canada’s...