US markets were closed on Monday and the markets started as a damp squid when opening, so I logged i...
A Level Playing Field
10/23/2020 10:00 am EST
In a relatively quiet week for the planets, the biggest energy shifts occur in overnight trading hours for trade date Wednesday, October 18, states Susan Gidel of Red Letter Trading Days.
That’s when Mercury and Venus—planets that rule trading and money—both move into the sign of Libra within eight minutes of each other, at 9:33 pm and 9:41 pm, respectively. Together, they want to level the monetary playing field.
Mercury is in retrograde motion, so is backing into Libra from Scorpio, so messages will be more conciliatory rather than about exposing secrets. Venus gains strength as it moves into one of its ruling signs from Virgo, where it is especially weak, so will be able to act more confidently in money matters.
- Euro FX high on Monday, October 26—Venus and Saturn transits complete a big triangle in the sky with the market’s first-trade sun and Mars, while transiting Mars remains in a conjunction with first-trade Venus. Prices remain in a wide band between two consecutive planetary price conversion levels, 1.1620 and 1.2530.
- 10-year T-note high on Wednesday, October 28—The most important planets typically involved at a market high are in play. The important first-trade Venus/Mars axis is activated by both transiting Venus and the moon. Meanwhile, the transiting sun is opposite the market’s first-trade sun. Prices remain in a wide band between two consecutive planetary price conversion levels, 136-08 and 143-07.
- Soybean high on Thursday, October 29—Three sensitive planets in the soybean first-trade horoscope are activated just two days ahead of the Full moon on Halloween. First, transiting moon and Mars are opposite the market’s natal sun. Second, the transiting sun is conjunct natal Venus and opposite natal Uranus on one of the market’s two important axes. Finally, transiting Venus is aligned with natal Mercury. In January beans, look for planetary price conversion resistance at $11.18 per bu., then $11.30 and $11.58. The conversion level at $10.67 is significant as it marks the end-of-cycle.
Last Week’s Scorecard (through Thursday’s close)
- Gold high on Wednesday, October 21—First-trade Venus received two transits exact to the degree via conjunction from Pluto and trine from Venus. December gold respected significant resistance at the planetary price conversion level of $1933 per oz. by setting a high of $1936.00 but closing at $1929.50. Prices dropped to $1894.20 the next day.
Pretty Darn Good
- Gold low on Thursday, October 15—December gold scored a low of $1885.00 per oz. the previous day, October 14, then rallied to a high of $1926.00 a week later, on October 21.
- Euro FX low on Monday, October 19—The December contract set a low of 1.17170, then rallied to 1.18945 on October 21.
- Soybean low on Tuesday, October 20—November beans set a low the previous day at $10.47 ¾ per bu. and tested it on October 20 with a low of $10.51 ¼ before rallying to $10.85 ¼ on October 22.
Off the Mark
- Euro FX high on Friday, October 16—The December contract made a low, not a high, this day at 1.17075 before climbing to a high of 1.18945 on October 21.
The position of planets in the sky as they relate to their positions when a market first began trading can provide clues to potential trend changes. The energy is strongest on the days noted in this post, but it is not unusual for the effect to be seen a day or two either side. See backgrounder “Market Analysis with Astrology” for further information.
All information in this post is merely the personal opinion of the author and not that of any other person, company or entity. This information is not to be construed as financial advice, nor relied upon as such. Please contact your broker or financial advisor for trading and investment advice. Past results are not necessarily indicative of future market behavior.
For more information about Susan Gidel, please visit SusanGidel.com.
Related Articles on STRATEGIES
ManpowerGroup (MAN) is a premier global staffing firm with broad reach and extensive job networks, e...
The market remains overbought in many areas, and confirmed sell signals are beginning to appear, ass...
You don’t need me to tell you that 2020 was a wild year with many changes and surprises. While...