The day's chart belongs to the HVAC company Lennox International (LII), states Jim Van Meerten of BarChart.com.
I found the stock by using Barchart's powerful screening functions to find stocks with the highest technical buy signals, highest Weighted Alpha, superior current momentum, and a Trend Seeker buy signal. I then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Seeker signaled a buy on 11 / 7 the stock gained 6.86%.
LII Price vs Daily Moving Averages
Lennox International Inc., together with its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, and markets a range of products for the heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration markets in the United States, Canada, and internationally.
Barchart's Opinion Trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 20 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com website when you read this report.
Barchart Technical Indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- 66.80+ Weighted Alpha
- 55.87% gain in the last year
- Trend Seeker buy signal
- Above its 20, 50, and 100-day moving averages
- Nine new highs and up 9.12% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 65.95%
- Technical support level at $409.83
- Recently traded at $418.29 with a 50-day moving average of $382.42
- Market Cap $14.87 billion
- P/E 24.63
- Dividend yield 1.03%
- Revenue is expected to grow 3.80% this year and another 5.40% next year
- Earnings are estimated to increase 26.50% this year, an additional 10.20% next year, and continue to compound at an annual rate of 17.02% for the next five years
Analysts and Investor Sentiment: I don't buy stocks because everyone else is buying but I do realize that if major firms and investors are dumping a stock it's hard to make money swimming against the tide:
- Wall Street analysts gave six strong buy and nine hold opinions on the stock
- Analysts' price targets are between $298 and $470—wide range
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 79 to 12 for the stock to beat the market with the most experienced investors voting 15 to one for the same result
- Value Line gives it an average rating of three but notes a three to five-year price target of $210 - $477—another wide range
- CFRAs MarketScope rates it a hold
- 4,700 investors monitor the stock on Seeking Alpha
Additional disclosure: The Barchart Chart of the Day highlights stocks experiencing exceptional current price appreciation. They are not intended to be buy recommendations as these stocks are extremely volatile and speculative. Should you decide to add one of these stocks to your investment portfolio, it is highly suggested that you follow a predetermined diversification and moving stop loss discipline consistent with your personal investment risk tolerance and reevaluate your stop losses at least weekly.
On the date of publication, Jim Van Meerten did not have (either directly or indirectly) positions in any of the securities mentioned in this article. All information and data in this article is solely for informational purposes. For more information please view the Barchart Disclosure Policy here.